Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dewey: Finally! Mom is paying attention to me

Sometimes it's hard to compete with Border collies.

Oh, I try. I cuddle and sit pretty. I'll even fall over on command and ring a bell when I want to go outside. Yet, sometimes I feel that Mom favors those dogs.

A few days ago, when the cold weather blew in, things changed. She started doing things for me.

First, she re-arranged the furniture. I love that because it gives me new places to explore and perch.

Then today she took the quilts and comforters off of the beds and made little tents so I could crawl under them and sleep. Even my buddy Louie got in the action, and we had a first-class chase game and wrestle fest.

This afternoon, I was sitting on her desk, staring at her, wondering what tomorrow would bring when she said, "I think we're ready for the guests."

Guests? What guests?

I walked over, sat on the keyboard and glared.

Do you mean you weren't doing all this for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment