Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Llambert: How I arrived on the farm

When growing up on a llama farm, my owner told my llama friends things like:

"Your hair will make someone a nice sweater... or scarf... or mittens." My llama friends had soft hair in pretty tan, blonde, silver, red and white colors.

She looked at me and said, "Socks. Your hair will make socks."

No one wants a brown sweater.

As it turned out, no one wanted brown socks either.

"I have a new job for you," the farm owner said one day. "You are going to be a guardian angel."

She walked me into a trailer, and I went on a long ride. When I stepped out, I saw the funniest-looking llamas ever.

"They're sheep," my new owner said. "You're going to live with them and keep them safe."

I'd never seen such strange creatures. They had stubby legs, short necks, and little ears.

I knew one thing for certain: their legs weren't built for llama wool knee socks. It would be bobby socks for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment