Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Louie: My Story: At the Shelter

On Day 12 at the shelter, a blonde lady came into the Cat Room and said, "I want to see Gus."

I looked around to see where she was pointing.

She was pointing at me!

Before I could protest, she opened my cage and picked me up. Maybe she was taking me home. Believe me, after spending nearly two weeks in a room with a Siamese cat, a few other opinionated adult cats, and four overzealous kittens, I was ready to go.

"Oh, he doesn't have claws," she said, holding my front paw so that the man next to her could see. "How could he live in a home with Border collies?"

I didn't have an answer for her. I'd never met a Border collie. I didn't know what they were.

The man turned to the kittens and pulled out the orange one.

"He has claws," the man said, holding the kitten out to the woman.

Sighing, she put me back in my cage and turned her attention toward the kitten. Within minutes they left with the kitten.

That Saturday, I sat in my cage and watched as three other people came in and left with kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment